Are your kitchen cabinets looking run down? Have your cupboard doors lost their shine? Do you want a new look for your kitchen? Maybe it’s time to have your cabinets refinished.
What is cabinet refinishing?
Cabinet refinishing is an affordable way to make your old cabinets look like new. It involves refinishing the doors or faces of your cabinets. The existing finish is stripped through the use of chemical remover, via sanding or a combination of the two. The surface is then stained or painted in the desired colour. Another option is to glaze the grain and spray a special stain over top of the existing clear coat to achieve the desired colour and then clear coat again with lacquer or varnish. This process is called shading. With both methods, you can reuse the handles and hinges or swap them out for a whole new look. You end up with a kitchen that looks and feels fresh; free of nicks, chips, cracks, dents, cuts, gouges and stains.
Why not just replace your cabinets?
Replacing cabinets involves buying entire new cabinet frames, shelves, fittings and wall mounts. It’s a huge job and quite expensive. When you refinish cabinets, you’re working with the existing framework and just refinishing the doors. This provides a whole new look for far less cost and much less work.
Other advantages of refinishing cabinets:
- Saves you time: The refinishing process can be done in a matter of days, letting you quickly get back to using your kitchen. Replacing cabinets can take weeks and is disruptive to your home.
- Durability: The types of products used in cabinet painting and refinishing are the same as factory coatings. They achieve similar performance and durability.
- Less stress: Replacement requires emptying the cabinets of all contents, removing the old cabinets, taking new measurements, choosing cabinets and hardware, attaching them to your walls and making sure they are level. Refinishing is quicker and easier making the overall experience less stressful.
- Increased home value: Refinishing gives outdated cabinets a facelift, making your kitchen more visually appealing and increases the value of your home. For the best return on your investment, hire a reliable painting company to handle the work. They will ensure a smooth, professional, attractive finish.
- Lots of options: Refinishing does not reduce your options. Paint and stain are available in a range of colours, from classic black or white to bright modern hues. You can opt for an acrylic or foil finish. Consider a weathered or antique look. The choices are numerous.
- Eco-friendly: Replacing cabinets creates a significant amount of waste that ends up in the landfill. Reduce your carbon footprint by refinishing your existing cabinets. It’s an eco-friendly way to refresh your kitchen.
Are your kitchen cabinets looking worn? Need a change of colour or style? Want the kitchen of your dreams without the mess, disruption and cost? Consider getting your existing cabinets refinished. It will save you time, money and stress while providing a whole new look for your room. Call a local painting company for help and your cabinets will soon look like new.
Looking for a painting company that can quickly and affordably refinish your kitchen cabinets? Call the Calgary painting experts, Cal Res Coatings at (403) 835-4817. We’re a residential painting contractor that strives for quality, has an eye for detail and colour, and will not rest until your job is done to your satisfaction. Request a free quote today.