Painting the front door and the doors of the garage is a tried and true way to boost the curb appeal of your home and increase its value. It’s an inexpensive project that can have a powerful impact.
Why paint the front and garage doors?
The front door is the first thing that visitors notice! Greet them with a door that is appealing and welcoming. If you’re trying to sell, the facade of your home is the first impression to greet potential buyers. Make it a memorable and positive one with an eye-catching colour on the front and garage doors.
What colour should I paint the front and garage doors?
Take a ho-hum facade and turn it into a wow factor for your home by choosing a great colour!
- Consider the classics: For a timeless look, try a neutral hue (brown, black, gray, deep red, navy blue). Even if you alter your home’s exterior, these colours will still be relevant.
- Dare to be bold: The front and garage doors are a small area so try something bold (orange, yellow, lime green, burgundy, forest green or eggplant).
- Use the right paint: To prevent peeling and fading choose a latex exterior paint with weather-resistant coverage. If your door is metal, opt for built-in rust protection. High gloss will highlight the architectural details of your home while satin will hide imperfections. Don’t forget to use exterior primers.
- Remember the screen door: If you have a storm or screen door, paint the frame a contrasting hue to add another punch of colour.
- Pick your paint colour in natural light: Tape paint swatches to your front and garage doors and observe them throughout the day to give you an accurate view of the colours.
- Choose colour carefully for a small house: To make a small home seem larger, paint the door, trim, window frames and exterior all the same colour.
- Make it pop: To make your front and garage door stand out, paint the trim with a contrasting colour.
- Hire a professional painter: Not handy? Not a DIYer? Contact a professional residential painting company. They have the knowledge, experience, skills and tools to make your home shine.
One of the easiest and most affordable ways to give your home a boost is to paint the front and garage doors. Don’t be afraid to break the rules! Unexpected colour can add personality and appeal. Hire a professional painting company and, within just a few hours, you can have a whole new look!
Looking for the perfect hue for your front and garage door? Need help renewing the facade of your home? Call the Calgary painting experts, Cal Res Coatings at (403) 835-4817. We’re a residential painting contractor that strives for quality, has an eye for detail and colour, and will not rest until your job is done to your satisfaction. Request a free quote today.